While I am in Bogota, Colombia this week speaking at the 5th Knowledge Management & Organizational Learning Summit I am going to be continuing our ongoing enquiry into the evolving role of the ‘knowledge manager’ by asking the delegates to think about these simple questions:
- How do you describe what you do to others?
- Is there an image, an object or a sound that sums up your experience of working in this field?
- What tool or technique do you find you use more than any other?
- What is the biggest issue you have had to face in getting people to support what you are doing?
- What aspect of your work are you most proud of?
- Knowing what you now know what advice would you pass onto someone looking to follow in your footsteps?